Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Aspirations

Do you ever think to yourself, "Wow, that's really cool I think I'd like to do/ try/ experience that." That thought crosses my mind daily and instead of dreaming about it, I think of a way to accomplish my dreams.  In a way, I have a long laundry list or bucket list of things to do, but my list is not a conglomeration of unreachable aspirations, its a list of to do's. Stuff like getting into a really great college, an internship I've been considering, studying about certain subjects, ect. You get the idea; however, there is so much more than the basic "bucket list." I want to draw my own map, pinpointing the places I plan (and might end up in) to visit. I also want to learn about tea, the different flavors, ingredients, and how to grow certain tea leaves. This was so inspired by my cousin who wants to do the same thing, thanks Evan. Along with these random "things to get done" I plan to run a marathon during college, doing the MR340, (a 340 mile kayak race across Missouri) learning a few languages, becoming a genius mathematician, learn about architecture, and a few other things along the way.
I have recently been realizing my youth and taking advantage of the full life ahead of me to accomplish much and become something great. People who have paved the path before us, great men and women who did something with their lives did not get up one day and save the world. Instead they worked. They worked hard and they had a burning desire to be great. They knew certain tasks cannot be done alone, decisions are best made when decided with other people, and the importance of putting others first. These great leaders knew that they could not eat an elephant alone or at one time. 
Because people encouraged me, I want to encourage others to set goals and do the seemingly impossible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment