Thursday, February 3, 2011

Beards and Folk

Recently I've been on this Folk music kick. Folk music is wonderful, its relaxing and pure ingenuity. What makes folk music so wonderful? The cool guys with beards who sing it. I know... how shallow is that? I like folk music for the lead singers' (or the whole band) beards. That's not wholly true. I like folk music because its chill, it makes me happy, it makes me feel like I should be in the woods during the summer time. Or sitting in a bookstore with a good cup of tea. Whichever you prefer.

Some of you are probably rolling your eyes and thinking "WOW, Rachel has taken a bad dive off the cliff and she's going crazy. Folk music is insane and who likes beards?!" Please ditch all of those thoughts from your head, right now. Mumford and Sons came along and now I am utterly in love. Its not country. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Country music makes me want to cry and throw up. Folk is banjo, amazing voices, and music brilliancy. People who listen to folk music are a special type of person. Kudos and bonus points to you if you listen to it, if you don't you should. I am here to help and support you if you need some help getting started, but folk music (and slow acoustic) music is the way to go. Its the stuff, kids.

If you can't tell I am a little bit in love with folksy music. I am actually just in love with music in general. Thanks God for cool guys with beards who look like lumber jacks with angelic voices.

Have a happy Thursday Evening.

1 comment: