Monday, January 10, 2011

"If I know for sure Jesus is says who He is, then why do I..."

My biggest fault is not trusting and trusting too much. Being unsure is my biggest fear, I can't handle not knowing what's going on or where I am going. For some reason, God knows why, I've always been this way.  When it really kicks in I'm like a little child, asking her parents "When are we going to get there?" Its relentless. However on the other side I trust people too much, so many times I've been let down by people who I was convinced would die by my side. People who truly have good hearts but when human nature kicked in they hiked out. I am not going to sit here and tell you I have not done the same thing, that would be a joke. I have let so many people down. Even though I have tasted disappointment I continue to trust people like dogs. And then not trust people. If I fully believed God at what He said He is, taking His Word in full assurance why do I doubt my safety? I want to learn to hear the words "Do not fear for the Lord your God is with you always" and believe them. On Sunday my pastor said, "Certainty comes when I fix my eyes on Jesus." I realize I don't trust because I don't trust the right people. I can only rely on Jesus. He is the only rock I can fully lean on and know for certain I will not stumble.

"When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they KNOW (and trust) His voice"
- John 10:4

No comments:

Post a Comment